Welcome to my website
My art represents a fusion of western and eastern traditions and styles. I work in a
variety of media including drawing (graphite pencil and sanguine), painting in oil,
watercolor, acrylics, pen and ink, and etching, with applications to paper, canvas,
wood, and board.
My work is recognizable by its rich palette and precisely detailed draftsmanship. It
captures the eye with vivid color and the mind’s intelligence with its depth of meaning.
The great cultural traditions of East and West, Oriental Miniature, and Renaissance Art
merge harmoniously with vibrant colors and images.
Below is a short biography of my education, awards and honors as well as some of
the exhibitions I have attended.
- Honorable Doctor (Ph.D.) of the Academy of Sciences, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Honorable Professor of Academy of Fine Arts, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Instructor of Drawing, Painting, and Art Appreciation:
- Philadelphia University
- Cabrini College
- LaSalle University
- Tbilisi Technical University
- Recipient of World Prestigious Status of Alien of Extraordinary Abilities.
(Granted by the U.S. Government.)
- Three-time recipient of Gold Medal Award and seven-time winner of the Ministry
of Culture Award – Republic of Georgia.
- Awarded 35 diplomas and blue ribbons in art contests since 1975.
- Nominated for the Bess Lomax Hawes Award for best presentation of
traditional art (2004).
- Twenty-two solo exhibitions in the United States.
- Thirty-two group exhibitions worldwide including: France, Italy, Belgium,
Germany, Japan, Greece, Russia, India, and Australia.
- Two drawings on permanent exhibit at LaSalle University Art Museum’s
renowned collection of great masters such as Tintoretto, Ingres and Picasso.
- Six beautifully illustrated books published for children, critically acclaimed
worldwide for setting new standards for children’s books.
- Featured in a Georgian Television film on his art and creative life.
- Featured in sixty-five international press articles since 1970.